What all happened in World of Sports:
Weekly Sports Updates (16 Oct – 22 Oct 2017)
- India is hosting New Zealand in a 3 ODI and 3 T20 series started on 22 October.
- India vs New Zealand 2017, 1st ODI in Mumbai : Taylor, Latham Guide Kiwis to Win
- India T20I squad against New Zealand announced; Shreyas Iyer, Mohammed Siraj receive maiden limited-overs call-up.
- Virat Kohli reached his 31st century in only his 200th ODI for India.
- India announce squad for 1st two Tests against Sri Lanka
FIFA U-17 World Cup Quarterfinals : England , Brazil , Mali and Spain are into Semi-finals.
- Rhian Brewster hat-trick sends England into Semifinals
- Brazil made a sensational comeback over Germany
- African champions Mali outplayed Ghana to reach Semifinals
- Ruiz guides Spain into last four
- India wins Asia Cup after 10 years. Indian players won the Hero Asia Cup 2017 at the Maulana Bhashani National Hockey Stadium in Dhaka, Bangladesh on Sunday.
- Denmark Open: Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth beats Lee Hyun Il (21-10, 21-5) to win third Super Series Premier title.
Formula 1 :
- Lewis Hamilton on verge of Formula 1 title with United States GP wiN
- Stockholm Open : Argentine Juan Martin Del Potro retained his Stockholm title with a 6-4 6-2 victory over Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov.
- Nick Kyrgios will not play again this year due to persistent hip injury
- Johanna Konta hunting for new coach after surprise split with Wim Fissette
- Bernard Tomic slumps in qualifying for ATP event in Antwerp