A weekly roundup of all the sports action from last week (23 Oct -30 Oct 2017)
- India defeated New Zealand by six runs to clinch three-match One-Day International (ODI) series 2-1.
- 3rd T20I: Pakistan thrash Sri Lanka by 36 Runs, take Series 3-0.
- 2nd T20 SA vs Bang : Miller hits Fastest Ton as South Africa beat Bangladesh.
- Kohli overtakes de Villiers, Ganguly in illustrious 9000-run Club.
- England ready for ashes without Stokes & Root.
- Roger Federer defeats Juan Martin del Potro 6-7(5) 6-4 6-3 to win title No.8 in Basel.
- Lucas Pouille beats Tsonga 6-1 6-4 to become the first player to win 3 ATP titles on 3 different surfaces in 2017.
- Erste Bank Open : Pablo Cuevas and Rohan Bopanna clinch their second team title after saving 2 MP in final.
- Brisbane Open : Andy Murray signed a three-year contract with Tennis Australia to start the season in Australia in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Gael Monfils withdraws from Paris Masters, ends season.
- Federer pulled out of next week’s Paris Masters following the final to all but end his chances of taking the year-end world number one spot from Rafael Nadal.
Indian Football Updates:
- 206 teams participated in youth league conducted by AIFF
- Constantine recalls Pronav, Bikash to National camp
- Matos names list of 23 for U-19 AFC Qualifiers
- U-17 World Cup in India hailed as a fantastic tournament worldwide
- India break attendance records at FIFA U-17 world cup
- England win the U-17 World cup after beating Spain 5-2
- Arjun Kapoor becomes new co-owner of FC Pune City
- India to have one top division league next year confirms AIFF and AFC
- Indian sensation Dheeraj Moirangthem receive interest from various top clubs
- Phil Foden receive the Golden Ball while Brewster bags Golden Boot award at U-17 World cup
World Football Updates:
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins award for BEST FIFA player.
- LA LIGA: Girona ends Madrid’s incredible away run, Barcelona flourish at Athletic club but Atletico held at Villareal.
- Premier League: City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool win and Manchester maintain 100% record at home after 1-0 win against Spurs.
- Serie A: Napoli continue unbeaten run, Juventus downs AC Milan.
- PSG dominate in absence of Neymar.
- Neymar makes surprise visit to Barcelona training.
- Mourinho not sure of Pogba return.
- Klopp says “We all have problems apart from Manchester City”.
- City will not buy Sanchez in January as they want him for free in July.
- Everton in deep crisis after another defeat in Premier League.
- Lewis Hamilton is now Britain’s most successful driver of all time after winning a fourth title(Mexican Grand Prix).
- Kidambi Srikanth beat Kenta Nishimoto 21-14, 21-13 to win French Open Super Series title and became the first Indian player to win four Super Series titles in a year including Indonesia, Australia and Denmark open.