Anil Kumble is expected to continue as coach of the Indian cricket team beyond his initial tenure of until the ICC Champions Trophy 2017.
Vinod Rai, chief of the Supreme Court appointed Committee of Administrators has said that Anil Kumble will continue as coach of the Indian cricket team. He has further clarified that Kumble will continue for the West Indies series but it is subject to acceptance by the former Indian leg-spinner.
According to PTI report Kumble’s tenure as India’s head coach was set to end following the ongoing Champions Trophy, after having been appointed on a one-year basis last year.
The Cricket Advisory Committee of BCCI – comprising Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman met on June 8 in London and had a two-hour long discussion on the issue, but then informed BCCI CEO Rahul Johri that they would need more time.
BCCI secretary Amitabh Chaudhary stated in a press release: “The Cricket Advisory Committee of the BCCI met today and discussed the process with regard to the selection of the Head coach of the Senior India Men team and it was decided by the CAC to revert to the BCCI, at an appropriate time.”
BCCI President CK Khanna had said on Thursday, “Whether it is Anil Kumble retained or anyone else roped in, whoever gets the job will be given a contract till 2019 World Cup.”